Have your say, we look forward to hearing your views!
It is part of the statutory duty of the Tamar Valley AONB to review the Management Plan on a five-yearly basis. The Management Plan sets out the vision, objectives and actions for conserving and enhancing the area over the next 5 years. The current Plan will soon be replaced by an updated version for 2019-2024.
Consultation is now open
The draft Tamar Valley AONB Management Plan 2019-24 is now available for review and comments. This document sets out the issues facing the AONB over the next five years and the framework needed to deliver the objectives of the Plan.
The draft Management Plan comes in a number of parts:
We would like to hear your views and your responses will help shape the Tamar Valley AONB priorities & actions for the next five years and beyond. Please take the opportunity to comment on the Management Plan by:
- Downloading the online consultation response form and emailing the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emailing, calling or writing to the Tamar Valley AONB team
- Visiting one of our public consultation events where you will be able to discuss your views with members of the Tamar Valley AONB team.
- Saturday 22nd September, 9:30am – 3pm
Tamar Trails Centre, Gulworthy
- Saturday 29th September, 10am – 2:30pm
Tavistock Town Hall
- Saturday 13th October, 10am – 12noon
Buckland Monachorum Village Market & Coffee Shop
- Wednesday 17th October, 10am – 2pm
Callington Tesco foyer
- Saturday 27th October, 9am – 12noon
Milton Abbot Village Hall Coffee Morning
- Saturday 10th November, 10am – 2pm
Eliot Hall, St Germans
- Saturday 10th November, 10am – 12noon
Bere Ferrers Community Shop
The Management Plan will also be available to view at the Tamar Valley Centre, local libraries and parish council offices.
Closing date for the consultation is 16 November 2018
Once the consultation has closed all responses will be taken into consideration and used to shape the final Management Plan and supporting documentation which will be formally adopted by the local authorities in Spring 2019.
Completed consultation forms will be put into a prize draw for a chance to win one of two great prizes: first prize – £75 to spend on Tamar Valley produce from Tamar Valley Food Hubs, second prize – cream tea for two at National Trust’s Cotehele.
Tamar Valley AONB, Tamar Valley Centre, Cemetery Road, Drakewalls, Gunnislake, Cornwall, PL18 9FE
tel: 01822 835030